Monday, February 18, 2013

Floral Stamping and Matte Glitter Gradient Nail Art!

Hi again!

The time has come to reveal the nail art I promised to you yesterday! I wasn't sure what I wanted to do, and I wanted to try different things with OPI Yoga-ta Get this Blue!, so I did separate manicures on my right and left hands. Let's get started!

I'll start with my right hand.


This is OPI Yoga-ta Get this Blue! (original post found here) with one coat of NYC Matte Me Crazy on top. The matte topcoat transforms this shimmery blue into a velvet-y blue. I really like it like this.


From there, I added Pure Ice Once Again and a silver glitter by Deb (no name). I alternated adding these glitters until my results were satisfactory.


I applied one more coat of Matte Me Crazy when the glitter was dry to even out the surface a bit and get that subtle glitter shine.

I really love this glitter gradient, and I'm wishing I had done this on both hands!

Now, on to my left hand.


I began by adding one coat of Pure Ice Strapless over the base color. The results of adding this fine royal blue glitter really changed Yoga-ta Get this Blue!. I liked the transformation, so I decided to add some pretty floral stamping.


If you look closely, you can tell I had some inconsistencies going on here with the stamping, but they look pretty uniform at a distance. I had never used this pattern before, which I believe is on Konad plate m60, and I usually have some issues with the white Konad special polish.


I enjoyed the results on my left hand, as well, but I definitely liked the glitter gradient better. Both hands featured very pretty and very simple designs, which is always good!

That's all for today! Hope you've enjoyed! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment