Friday, May 10, 2013

Zoya Slapdash - Elodie

Hello there!

As promised, today I have Zoya Elodie to show you!


Elodie is an orangey pink creme, that appears pretty sheer in these photos, but it's much more opaque in person, and has a really nice natural shine.


The formula of this was very easy to work with, and built up nicely in three thin coats. This is a perfect summery or springy shade.


In different lights, this polish can look more orange, or more pink, and it's always pretty. Zoya didn't let me down with this one!

Below you can see the nail art design I chose to wear with this color:


This is what I started with: I stamped with Konad Special White, using a plate that I can't remember the number of! Stamping with white is always a challenge for me, for some reason, so I'm lucky I even got the results you see above. At one point, I gave up with the special polish and went for Wet 'n' Wild French White Creme (that's why the flower on the right on my thumb is less opaque).


I then decided to further this design by adding rhinestones in the centers of the flowers. I think this was a nice additive to this mani, but it's hard for me to get used to the bumps the rhinestones create. For that reason, they don't usually last long on my nails.


And that's my pretty thumb! :) You can see the difference in opacities of the white polishes really well in this photo. Don't stamp with Wet 'n' Wild French White Creme unless you want a "duller" shade of white!

That's all for now. Stop by tomorrow for some Zoya Perrie! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment