Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Heat Flash + Seche Vite Review

Hi there! Sorry it's been so long!

Today I have a swatch of an older polish I have in my collection. I felt like being bright and bold, so I chose Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Heat Flash.

I also used my very first bottle of Seche Vite for this swatch! I had the worst time actually receiving it in the mail, but once it finally got to me, I was so excited to try it out, haha! The first time I used it was on my mom's toes, and I made the mistake of shaking the bottle instead of rolling it through my hands, so it was a little bubbly, but there was no shrinking. I've heard shrinking can be a problem with Seche Vite sometimes. When I used it on my own toes and fingers, I rolled it through my hands to mix it up, and it was like liquid gold. It applied smoothly with no bubbles or shrinking. Winner!

Anyway, here's Heat Flash!


I've had this polish for a couple years, so I used OPI's nail polish thinner, and it worked really well at thinning and de-gooping (is that a word?) this polish out for me! My swatch is two coats, although with more careful application (this can streak a little) could be a one-coater.


The brush was pretty easy to work with, and I actually did no clean-up before these photos, although a little clean-up wouldn't have hurt. The brush is nicely rounded and wider than most other brushes.


The color is a nice, bright, almost neon orange that is perfect for summer! Bring on that sunshine! (New York had been suffering from 4 days of constant rain before Memorial Day, so sunshine is much appreciated now!)

That's all for today! Thanks for stopping by! I hope to be around more often now! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment