Thursday, January 10, 2013

Welcome / Cheetah Print Nails!

Hey everyone!

I just decided to start a nail blog and share my obsession with all of you wonderful people!

Today, I'd like to show you a mani I did a couple days ago. I just recently invested in a Konad nail stamper, and I'm so glad I did.



The polishes I used were:
- Rimmel 60 Seconds: Caramel Cupcake (nude)
- Konad Special Polish: Black (the particular one I used has a gold shimmer to it)
- Sally Hansen HD: DVD (purple glitter)
- I stamped using the Konad m57 plate



I'm so proud of this! I didn't use a base or topcoat, exactly. I usually use Red Carpet Manicure gel polishes. I work as a dishwasher (unfortunately) so I need my nails to be extra strong and long-lasting. That's also why they're on the shorter side (also unfortunate). Here, I used one coat of RCM Structure with two coats of RCM Brilliance on top, which is essentially a gel topcoat. I then layered two coats of Rimmel Caramel Cupcake. After that was completely dry, I cured one more coat of RCM Brilliance. I then stamped on top of that, added the glitter using a dotting tool, and cured one more coat of RCM Brilliance after everything dried fully.

Side note: the glitter is pretty transparent, so you may have to dot twice. Also, these pictures were taken after three hours of washing dishes! RCM gels are pretty strong! Maybe I'll do a post about that in the future :)

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment