Thursday, January 31, 2013

Purple Stripes Tape Mani

Hey all!

Today I have a stripe tape mani for you! I'm really happy with this! I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I do! :)

I used:
OPI Nail Envy Original Matte
Maybelline Color Show Amethyst Ablaze (base - stripes)
NYC Matte Me Crazy
Maybelline Color Show Iced Queen


This is what I started out with. I wasn't sure what exactly I wanted to do with my ring finger. Do I make it the same as the others? Should I leave it? I decided to go with this...


I just moved the stripes up toward the top. A nice, subtle accent nail. I even did the same to my thumb.


I reallly enjoy this manicure. I started, of course, with my OPI, then I painted on two (one was probably fine) coats of Maybelline Color Show Amethyst Ablaze and applied one coat of NYC Matte Me Crazy. I cut strips of Scotch tape, applied them one at a time to each nail, and painted over with Maybelline Iced Queen. I didn't use a topcoat so I could preserve my matte stripes.


Yep, still lovin' it! I'm sure you'll see more tape manicures in the future. They're so simple and easy to do, as long as everything is dry and the tape isn't too strong that it takes the other layers of polish off. I've discovered that the hard way in the past!

Thanks for stopping by! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment