Friday, February 1, 2013

Matte Black and Purple Zebra Stamping Nail Art

Hey again! Happy February!

Today I have a super easy, cute nail art design for you! I really like this one! I really wanted to do something with a black matte base with some sort of design over that. I decided to do another tape design and add in some stamping! Let's get started!

I used:
OPI Nail Envy Original Matte
Sally Hansen Hard as Nails in Black Heart
NYC Matte Me Crazy
Maybelline Color Show in Amethyst Ablaze
Konad Special Polish in black
Sally Hansen Dries Instantly


So pretty! I love the metallic purple paired with the matte black. So let me tell you how I achieved this awesomeness.


I started with my OPI base coat, two coats. Applied two coats of the black and one coat of NYC Matte Me Crazy. After that was completely dry, I used Scotch tape to section off the portions of the nail I wanted to be purple. I applied just one coat of Amethyst Ablaze to the sectioned off portion. I did each nail one at a time, removing the tape immediately after painting with the metallic purple. When the purple was completely dry, I applied tape again and stamped on the zebra pattern, which I believe is Konad plate m57. I could be wrong. After stamping and allowing some final drying time, I then applied tape one more time to add my topcoat just to the purple portions.


This is kind of time consuming, but I totally think it's worth it. On the plus side, most of the polishes I used were pretty fast-drying, so that was helpful!


Thumb-shot! My thumbs came out the best because they had the largest available painting space, so the zebra really worked well there.

Ah, I love this! Thanks for looking! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment