Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Maybelline Color Show Metallics Amethyst Ablaze Swatch and Review

Hey everyone!

Today I've got another quick swatch to showcase today. I also want to point out the new look A Polish Addiction is rockin' now! I've got a blue color theme going on here, some polka dots, and I like the new personalization of the page! I hope you do too. Anyway, without further ado, here is Maybelline Color Show Metallics in Amethyst Ablaze!


Amethyst Ablaze is a really pretty purple metallic polish. Just keep in mind that is photo is the most color-accurate. This polish is not as pink in person, as it appears here when photographed. The darker purple parts seen in the photos are very close to the true color of this polish.


I've only used this polish two other times (here and here), and the formula was quite thick and sticky this time around. I did those manis at the end of January and the beginning of February, so this polish should not have gotten thick and sticky in that short amount of time.


I haven't tried that acetone/paint thinner trick (seen here) on anything other than a clear topcoat, but I may try it on this polish. I was surprised at how the formula had changed so drastically in less than a month, when my first couple of applications were perfect. This was kind of hard to work with, but it still turned out well. And I do still adore this color, especially in matte!

That's all for now! If I decide to try the trick on this polish, I'll be sure to post about it! Thanks for stopping by! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment