Saturday, February 9, 2013

OPI Shatter Experiment

Hey everybody!

Just a short post today! I have some OPI Shatter to show ya. It's a fail, I'll admit. Let's get going!

I started out with OPI My Very First Knockwurst. I love this dusty pink!


This was super easy to work with and apply. Shown is three coats.


Super pretty and subtle. But, I wanted to try some silver and purple shatter over it, and came up with this...


On my pointer, middle, and pinky is OPI Silver Shatter and on my ring finger is OPI Super Bass Shatter. I'm not too impressed with how shattered the silver came out, but it could be because it was over a lighter color. The purple shatter I didn't like at all. I thought more of the pink glitters would shine through, but they didn't.


In an effort to try to cover up the purple, or maybe create a cool purpley-silver shatter look, I applied Silver Shatter right over Super Bass. My thumb showed through more of the purple, but when looking straight on at my ring finger, it was almost a solid silver.

So, this didn't quite work out, but now I know I need to pair these shatters with colors that will compliment them more. Oh well! It was an experiment I guess.

Thanks for reading! See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment