Monday, February 25, 2013

Pretty Woman Magnetix Magnetic Nail Polish Swatch and Review

Hiiiiiii :)

Today I have another Pretty Woman product to show you. Here we go!

This is Magnetix magnetic polish! It comes with two magnets. One is straight diagonal lines, that I wore on my left hand, and the other is vertical wavy lines, that I wore on my right hand.


There was no name or number specifying the color, so I just know this is the purplish shade.


It took me a bit of time to get the hang of how long I should hold the magnet over my nail, how much polish to apply, and where I should hold the magnet. I concluded that the thicker the coat of polish, the better. The directions on the back of the box say to hold the magnet over the nail for 15 seconds, but I found I could hold it less than that or more than that to get satisfactory results. After playing around with it, I found that holding the edge of the rubber magnet on my first knuckle closest to my nail allowed for the best result.


The best part about this polish is the fact that if you don't like the result, just paint another layer of polish, and try again. I did that a couple times and had no issues.


Here it is with one coat of NYC Matte Me Crazy. I was kind of curious of how it would look matte, and my Sally Hansen Dries Instantly is deceased, as you saw yesterday.


Here's my right hand, sporting the vertical wavy lines created by the second magnet.


And here it is matte. RIP fast-dry topcoat.

I really liked using this polish, and there's so much you can do with it. You can hold the magnet any way you want to get interesting lines at different angles, but for swatching purposes, I wanted to keep things uniform. I definitely recommend trying a magnetic polish, whether it's this brand or any other metallic polish brand.

Thanks for looking! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment