Wednesday, February 27, 2013

First Attempt: Water Marble

Hey there!

Today I have something I'm actually quite proud of! My first ever water marble manicure! I had never tried this before, and I had only heard bad things about it. I'll admit, it's very difficult, but all of my hard work definitely paid off.

I used Wet 'N' Wild French White Creme as my base color, Wet 'N' Wild Haze of Love is the light pink shade (swatched here), Sally Hansen Nailgrowth Miracle Wholesome Earth is the burgundy, and the grey is Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Wet Cement.


This is soooooooo pretty, and I'm so glad I finally decided to try this. I had a rough time at first and spent a while just trying to make swirls and shapes with the polish over the surface of the water before I even thought about putting my finger in the water.


Once I had my swirls under control, I taped up the skin/cuticles around my nails so I didn't have so much to clean up, and plunged my nail into the design-covered water.


When trying to achieve a successful water marble, make sure you clear away all excess polish from the surface of the water using either a toothpick or a Q-tip before you pull your nail out. I failed to do this once, ruining one of my nails.


And here's my right hand. It didn't come out as well as my left hand (especially my pinky), but I'm happy with it!


For my first time, this isn't too bad! I'll definitely try this again in the future!

Thanks for reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment