Thursday, February 14, 2013

Fishtail / Chevron Nails!

Hey everybody! Happy Valentine's Day!

Today I was hoping to do something Valentine's-y, but didn't get around to it. I have something else that relates to V-Day on a long shot, though... a fishtail or chevron manicure! How does that relate to Valentine's Day? you may ask. Wellllll, the curved lines of the fishtail looks like the tops of a heart! Like I said, a long shot, but hey, I tried! Haha, anyway, let's get to it!


I'm wearing OPI Nomad's Dream as my base color, two coats, and OPI Schnapps Out Of It! as the fishtail accent, just one coat.


I really, really love this design! I originally saw this as a Chalkboard Nails tutorial and decided to try it out! In the beginning, I had planned to use a third color, a shimmery orange, on the tips like in the tutorial, but I loved the simplicity of this mani as it is now.


I like the shimmer of the base color paired with the slightly shimmery OPI Schnapps Out Of It! This design feels very elegant, and great for a Valentine's Day dinner!


Initially, I was a bit worried about how my dominant hand (pictured above) would turn out, but I did surprisingly well. It helps a lot to stripe the shape of the fishtail then fill it in with the normal polish brush right after. I had tried just using the brush that comes in the bottle to create the whole fishtail, but it was too thick to work with easily, and I had to start over on one of my nails.

This was surprisingly very easy to do, and I encourage everyone to try it! It's a great way to spice up any manicure!

Thanks for reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment