Sunday, February 24, 2013

Fixing Old or Thick Polishes Update

Hey!

Today I just have a quick little update on that acetone/paint thinner trick I used on my sticky topcoat here. Just nine days have gone by and this polish has not fared well.


The polish is just so thick and hard to work with. You can see the bubbles on the brush, and the polish is so sticky, it's sticking to the mouth of the bottle, leaving some stuck to the brush. You can see the stretching polish in this photo and the one below. The sticky part between the brush and the bottle would stretch as I pulled the brush away until it was a very thin spiderweb looking thing, but I couldn't get it to photograph well.


Unfortunately, this little trick didn't fix my topcoat for as long as I hoped it would. I did use acetone, so maybe paint thinner would be better, which I don't have. Has anyone else done this trick? Any tips?

That's all for now! Good thing I have another topcoat coming in the mail from Sally's ;) Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment