Sunday, February 3, 2013

Thick Horizontal Stripes & Maybelline Green with Envy Swatch and Review

Hey!

Today I have some more stripe nail art! I created this look using tape made by Sally Hansen. The straight strips of tape actually came with a French Manicure set. I'm not sure if the tape strips are sold separately or not, but you can always make your own by cutting Scotch tape.

I used:
OPI Nail Envy Original Matte
Maybelline Color Show in Green with Envy
Sally Hansen X-treme Wear in Wet Cement
A silver metallic striper
Sally Hansen Dries Instantly

First we'll start with a swatch of Maybelline's Green with Envy. I really love this color!


Green with Envy is a gorgeous, bright mint green pastel. This is two coats, and applied fantastically. All Maybelline Color Show polishes I own are awesome when it comes to application. So smooth and easy to manipulate.


Super pretty! Easily my favorite shade from the Maybelline Color Show line!

Now on to the nail art!


I went into this design with absolutely nothing in mind. I stumbled upon the nail tape I mentioned above in my closet and thought they'd do well for horizontal stripes. It seems as though I was right! I'm loving this look!


The metallic silver striping was another last-minute decision, and I didn't like how it came out at first. My striping is not the greatest, but the added glitziness grew on me the longer I wore it. I don't have a pre-striping photograph, but it definitely spices up this manicure!

That's all for today! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment