Saturday, February 2, 2013

Vertical Stripes Tape Manicure / Orly On the List Swatch and Review

Hi again!

I've got another tape mani to show you all today! I wasn't sure how I felt about this one, but it's been growing on me the more I wear it. Here we go!

I used:
OPI Nail Envy Original Matte
Orly On the List
Revlon Polish Duo Moon Candy in Milky Way (#1)
Sally Hansen Dries Instantly

First, this is Orly On the List.


I've had this polish for a really long time (like 2 years), and I haven't used it in forever, and it was still really easy to work with and applied nicely. Shown here is three coats.


I don't believe this is part of any Orly holiday collection, but it does remind me of Christmas. This is just such a pretty color. This isn't exactly a glitter polish, although it does have a lot of sparkle. It has a deep red base with red holographic particles. I'm really happy with the opacity this polish has. When I first purchased this, I thought it was simply a clear-based glitter, but I love that it can be used alone and be completely opaque.

Now on to the stripes!


The color on top of On the List is the grey color of the color duo by Revlon I mentioned above. In the bottle, the grey looks a little lighter, but it turned out darker and actually had a greenish tint to it. 


The Revlon polish applied really easily and smoothly, but the color wasn't what I thought it would be. But I will admit, it is growing on me. The only beef I have with the Revlon color duo is how top-heavy it is. I had the bottle topple over on me several times while painting my nails. But, I suppose that just comes along with any brand of color duo.


A little better view of the stripes here. I'm not totally crazy about this, but I do like it more and more over time.

That's all for now! See ya next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment