Thursday, February 21, 2013

Guest Hands: Tuxedo Nails and Brief Tutorial

Hey everyone!

Today I'm going to show you some nail art I did on my sister's nails. Please keep in mind when viewing these photos that she does not enjoy nail polish at all. Nor does she partake in any sort of cuticle or nail care. She only lets me do her nails when I'm going to do "something cool" to them, and even then she has issues with sitting still. Haha. So, with that said, let's get started!


I began with one coat of OPI Nail Envy Original Matte as my base coat. I painted two coats of Wet 'N' Wild French White Creme over that, and used a small striper brush and Wet 'N' Wild Black Creme to create the "V" shape of the tuxedo and fill it in.


I used a very small dotting tool to create the buttons, and a small dotting tool to create the center of the bows. The outer parts of the bows were created using a medium dotting tool. When everything was completely dry, I added one coat of Sally Hansen Dries Instantly on top for a quick-drying shine.


I love this simple design, and it's super easy to do. Perhaps I'll rock this look on my own fingers in the future!

Thanks for looking! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment