Thursday, March 7, 2013

Drippy Nails and Alzheimer's Inspired Nails

Hey everyone!

Today I have some drippy nails for you! I did these using Gelous as a base and top coat, so I'll probably have some sort of review on that for you tomorrow. I also used Gelous yesterday for my cheetah print mani.

I'd like to start out with a quick swatch of my base color. I used OPI Step Right Up! to start this mani. This polish is a very pretty pale, somewhat sheer, pink creme. It's somewhat streaky, the formula is a little thin, and my swatch is four coats.


Ok, now let's see those drips! ;)


This was my first time ever trying this design, so I'll admit, they're far from perfect. All of these pictures are pre-topcoat. I didn't want to have a ton of smeary pictures, if smearing were to happen upon applying my topcoat.


I used Revlon Mon Cherry on my pinky, my ring finger has Wet 'N' Wild Sunny Side Up, the yellow on my middle finger is Rimmel 60 Seconds Sunny Days, Pure Ice Wild Thing is the lime green on my pointer, and my thumb is wearing China Glaze Hanging in the Balance.



I really like this design! It's super cute and actually pretty easy to do! I used a medium sized dotting tool for the tips of the drips and used my small striper brush to connect them and fill them in.


Now I've got some Alzheimer's inspired nail drips for you, using Wet 'N' Wild Megalast On a Trip. Again, these are pre-topcoat.


Alzheimer's Disease is a form of dementia often seen in elderly people, although some people have been diagnosed as low as in their 30's and 40's. My grandfather was diagnosed in 1991, the year I was born, in his 50's, which is still considered young. He lived with the disease for eight years, and I only knew him as he was with the disease. His brain was constantly attacked, leaving him confused and forgetful. He never could remember mine and my sister's names, but we were "the girls" to him, and I know he loved us very much. I often miss my grandfather and wish I could have gotten to know him as he was before the disease took him from my family. I wear purple to keep others, like me and my family, from losing their loved ones to this unforgiving disease.


A local school near where I live, South Glens Falls High School, put on a "Marathon Dance" a couple days ago, and the Northeastern New York Chapter of the Alzheimer's Association (which is actually where my grandmother works) was chosen as one of around 40 recipients. The dance on March 1st, 2013 raised almost $500,000!


Alzheimer's Disease is represented by the color purple, which is why I chose On a Trip for my drip color. There's a walk coming up in Lake George, NY so I plan on repping some more Alzheimer's colors to show my own support for a cure for Alzheimer's disease!


If you wish to become involved in your local Alzheimer's Association and/or your local Alzheimer's Walks, know someone who has Alzheimer's and want to help, or just want to educate yourself further on the disease, please visit www.alz.org. Unfortunately, everyone is at risk for Alzheimer's Disease, and every little bit helps the cause.

That's all I've got for today. Thanks for sticking around for this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment