Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Sensational Gel Nail Polish Swatch

Hey there!

I decided to break out the old gel manicure set a few days ago. I used Red Carpet Manicure's gel nail polish kit. It comes with a UV lamp, a bottle of acetone, a bottle of rubbing alcohol, a bottle of prep adhesive, a gel base coat, one gel color, a gel topcoat, and cuticle oil. I bought mine on Ulta a couple of years ago, and I haven't had to replace anything except acetone and rubbing alcohol. Come back around tomorrow for a review of the kit and longevity of both the color and RCM gels.

Although this kit comes with a gel nail color, I used Sensational Gel Nail Polish Ocean Sparkle. You can find this gel polish at any Rite Aid, WalMart, or any other drug store.


Above is one coat of Ocean Sparkle cured for 90 seconds under the UV light. Below is two coats after being cured for another 90 seconds.


I love this color, but it really pops when a coat of Red Carpet Manicure Brilliance (gel top coat) is added and cured for another 90 seconds.


Look at that holo sparkle! I love this. As you can see, my bottle hasn't fared well as far as appearance goes, but man, the color inside is flawless. All of these photos were taken with flash to bring out the holo sparkle. So, under normal indoor light, this color is more of a grey-blue.


This was extremely easy to work with, as I find most gel polishes are. If you click to enlarge the photos, you'll see it has both a teal and purple sparkle. Have I mentioned I love this?!



Pure ocean-y sparkly perfection in one tiny package. This bottle is the equivalent to the size of a "mini" nail polish. I don't remember how much this costs, but I don't believe it was more than $10. Worth it.

That's all for now. Tomorrow I'll have a little review on Red Carpet Manicure's longevity! See ya then!

Don't forget you can follow me using the buttons at the top of my page now! Thanks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment