Thursday, March 21, 2013

Red Carpet Manicure Gel Nail Polish Review

Hey again!

As promised, here is my review on Red Carpet Manicure (and that Sensational color from yesterday) gel nail polish! I wore the gel manicure I featured yesterday for only two days, but one of those days included an 8 hour shift washing dishes. But don't let that discourage you! Here are my results.


Seen above is the manicure the day of application on my left hand. Pictured below is my left hand the next day after an 8 hour shift at work.


There's not much difference here. No tip wear at all and no chipping. The color hasn't faded or lost any of it's shine.


The tips are still nicely capped and there is no lifting.


Above I've pictured my right hand, which hasn't fared as well at work. My pinky has minimal tip wear while my ring finger has visible tip wear. My middle and index fingers have a chip in them, which allowed for some lifting of the gel.


The color doesn't appear to be changed at all, and most importantly, my nails were protected at work. I'm right-handed so this hand does most of the work.

My job requires a lot of scrubbing (which wasn't a problem before I started seriously painting and trying to grow my nails) using a metal sponge in very hot water, so my nails and hands take a pretty rough beating. Only coming out with two chips and some tip wear on one hand was pretty awesome, in my opinion.

Basically, if you're not as hard on your nails as I have to be, I really recommend this gel manicure set. I got mine on Ulta.com for around $80. It includes the UV light and a bunch of other supplies. Worth it!

That's all for now! Thanks for stopping by! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment