Monday, March 18, 2013

Swooping French Manicure Featuring JulieG Nail Polish

Hey there! Just a quick note that I've added a couple buttons at the top of my blog so you can follow me! So far, I've got zero followers, so I hope to get myself out there!

Today I've decided to replicate a manicure I saw on Kelsie's Nail Files not too long ago. While she chose to use the traditional French manicure colors, nude and white, I chose to switch it up a bit.

First, I began with four coats of JulieG Love Potion. Love Potion is a very pale sheer pink. Unfortunately, this color was really streaky, and even at four coats it still didn't look too hot.


Then I swooped on some JulieG Platform Wedges using a small striping brush. This required two coats. The formula of Platform Wedges is a bit thin.


After my swoops were satisfactory, I used Wet 'N' Wild Fergie Kaleidoscope Eyes for the hexes seen below.


The photo above is pre-top coat. The next photo below is with two coats of Out the Door.


I'll admit this was very time consuming, especially because I had to fish out all of the silver and gold glitter hexes due to my lack of glequins, and then place them on my nails.


Despite the fact that it took forever, I really liked wearing this manicure!

I hope you've enjoyed! Thanks for stopping by! And don't forget you can follow me via GFC and Bloglovin with the buttons on the upper right hand corner of my blog! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment