Saturday, March 23, 2013

JulieG Shark's Cove & Snow Leopard Manicure

Hi again!

I have a little swatch for you today, and some cheetah... or what I call snow leopard print nail art. Here we go!

First I'll show you my base color, JulieG Shark's Cove.


Shark's Cove is a lighter shade of turquoise, or what my boyfriend described as "sea foam green," with tiny sparkly glitters scattered throughout. I'm wearing three coats, and still there's a bit of minimal streaking. I feel like streaking is a trend for this brand.


The color itself is kind of thin, so it could probably be used as a topper as well to spice up any other turquoise color. The formula of this wasn't too great. It started out fine, but thickened by the time I got to the last nail on one hand. After I finished that hand, I'd shake the polish up, and begin again on the next hand. The formula acted the same with the next hand.

Now I'll get to the nail art!


The grey is Sally Hansen X-Treme Wear Wet Cement and the white is Wet 'N' Wild French White Creme.


Because of the icy feel put out by the combination of the white, grey and light, sparkly turquoise, I call this a "snow leopard" print.


As usual, I used a medium sized dotting tool to create the leopard spots, and these photos are pre-topcoat.

I really liked wearing this design! It even matched my light turquoise and grey thickly striped v-neck shirt and the white lace tank I wore underneath! Yay for accidental coordination!

That's all for now! Thanks for stopping by! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment