Friday, March 29, 2013

Spring Stripes and Flowers

Hi! I'm here!

I've been so busy lately, but have no fear, I've got some spring time nail art for you today! Unfortunately, I broke a few nails at work yesterday, so I'll probably be M.I.A. again for a bit. So, I hope you all have a wonderful Easter if you celebrate, and if you don't celebrate, have a lovely Sunday!    :)


I looooove the way this turned out! I used Rimmel 60 Seconds Mintilicious (turquoise), JulieG Sushi for Two (orange), Rimmel 60 Seconds Sunny Days (yellow), Sally Hansen Hard as Nails No Hard Feelings (purple), and Wet 'N' Wild French White Creme.


To create the stripe designs, I used tape to block off the upper part of my nail, and striped on each color using a short striping brush. All of the colors I used required me to run over them again to reach full opacity.


This manicure was a bit time consuming, but it was totally worth it. I love it. The top coat I used was Orly Won't Chip, and it is chip resistant. I didn't wear this look for longer than a day, but usually my polish lifts within that time, and this didn't lift.


Above is the design I wore on my right hand. I'll admit, I got lazy (and tired... I finished at 1AM), but I like this design too.


For the flowers, I made X's using the white polish to create petals on one single flower. On my left hand, I dotted the centers with Sunny Days, and on my right hand I dotted with each color I striped with.


I love these springtime looks, and I hope you do too!

That's all for now! Thanks for stopping by! :)

2 comments: